Main reason behind the fire accident :
1. Electric short Circuit a Unsafe wiring, overloading, sub-standard electrical equipments/ fittings and electric wiring/connection done by unskilled persons.
2. Unattended and uncovered lamps/candle that falls down due to the movement of pets/rat/car or children.
3. Practice of NOT putting off the fire before sleep or unattended/unguarded fire.
4. Not observing safety precautions regarding LPG gas cylinders.
5. Not paying attention to fire wood size and oversize wood beyond the fire place.
6. Habit of throwing cigarette/bidi butts before putting it off.
7. Lighting Diyas and agarbatti near photos of gods but not paying due attention on it.
Some Preventive tips:-
1. Always take care on burning necked lamps.
2. Do not smoke in Bed/throw burning buds here and there.
3. Do not keep any Inflammable liquid items near the Hearth in Kitchen.
4. Ensure that all Electrical wiring in the house are good
5. Ensure that Fire in the Kitchen have been put off before going to bed.
6. Don't keep hay stock nearby the house.
7. As far as possible, the houses be constructed giving sufficient space.
8. Don't play Crackers/Rockets/Bombs etc. near the house. These be enjoyed under the supervision of senior and respectable person.
9. Don't keep Match boxes/Lighter etc. at the reach of the children.
10. Don't keep Agarbathi (Burning Sandal sticks/Diya) carelessly near the photos of the God and Goddesses.
11. Don't make Fire in the garden when wind is blowing.
12. Close the regulator of the Gas cylinder and the Gas stove properly and always use original Pipe and avoid very old one.
What to do in Case of Fire Accident:-
1. In case of Fire accident, immediate information be given to Fire Station/nearest Police Station.
2. Give the correct address of the Fire premises and route.
3. On hearing the Fire ALARM keep the road clear.
4. Do not disturb the Fire Brigade during Fire Fighting.
5. Gathering of Crowd makes Fire Fighting operation difficult.
6. Shout for help in case of Fire and for rescue.
7. Protect the personal belongings of the Fire victim being stolen by ill hearted and narrow minded people.
8. Help in evacuation of the fire burn victims to the Hospital for medical assistance.